NCL live online event @ 2:30 pm Eastern today!
Personal financial management tools: opportunities and challenges for consumers
- When: Today! September 27, 2012, 2:30pm Eastern
- Where: The event will be broadcast live on NCL’s YouTube channel and at nclnet.org
- Who: Confirmed panelists include: John Breyault, NCL (moderator); Sophie Raseman, U.S. Treasury Department; Ken Sun, Mint.com/Intuit; Phil Christian, Chase; Mark Schwanhausser, Javelin Strategy & Research; Linda Sherry, Consumer Action; and Ron Shevlin, Aite Group
- Who should attend: Personal finance reporters, bloggers, policymakers, consumer advocates, and consumers interested in personal finance issues
- To RSVP for this free event, click here
Join NCL’s chat with the pros and learn more about the benefits and concerns with online personal financial management tools (PFMs).
Far too many consumers face aggressive financial fees, inadequate savings, and piles of debt. One way that consumers are addressing this is by adopting online tools to help them manage their personal finances. It is estimated that 26 million consumers will be using PFMs by 2015.
What challenges and opportunities do those tools create?
Questions that will be explored by an expert panel of analysts, advocates, regulators and PFM industry representatives include:
- Given the large amounts of sensitive financial data that consumers are sharing via PFMs, what are the benefits they are getting from these tools?
- Are PFMs helping consumers pay less in fees, save more money and get out of debt faster?
- How are consumers’ financial management habits being affected by the new breed of mobile and bank-affiliated PFMs?
- Does the government have a role in ensuring consumers can use PFMs safely and effectively?
Panelists will take questions from our online audience on YouTube and via the Twitter.
Ask your questions in advance of the chat — or follow it via the Twitter hashtag: #eTool$
This event was made possible thanks to an unrestricted educational grant from Chase Blueprint®.