The National Consumers League (NCL) is a private, nonprofit advocacy organization whose mission is to identify, protect, represent, and advance the economic and social interests of consumers and workers. The mailing address is:
1701 K Street NW, Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20006
What information is collected?
- NCL collects personal information that members and donors may provide such as names, addresses, affiliations, phone and fax numbers, and email addresses.
- NCL also collects names, affiliations, and contact information of reporters for its media lists.
- When people attend NCL conferences or forums, their names, affiliations, addresses, phone and fax numbers, and email addresses are collected.
- Names and affiliations are collected to make nametags for people who attend events including the annual Trumpeter Award dinner.
- Names, affiliations, addresses, and phone numbers are collected for orders of NCL educational materials.
- Records of all payments and donations are also retained.
- Some individuals send letters, faxes or emails to NCL that may contain personally identifiable information.
- When people visit www.nclnet.org, NCL can obtain information from its Internet Service Provider about what countries they came from, what Web sites they visited immediately before, the most popular NCL Web pages visited, and the total number of visitors.
- Visitors’ names, email addresses and other personally identifiable information are not collected unless they make donations, fill out membership forms, order educational materials, or communicate with NCL via email.
How is personally identifying information used?
- NCL does not produce a membership directory or share information about members with others outside of the organization.
- NCL packets for conferences and forums include names and contact information for participants. These lists treated as public information and are available to anyone who requests them.
- Information about individuals who contact NCL, online or offline, about consumer problems may be referred to the appropriate government agencies, trade associations, businesses, advocacy organizations, or other organizations for assistance.
- NCL will obtain explicit permission from individuals who have contacted it, online or offline, before providing their information to the media.
- NCL’s media lists are sometimes shared with other organizations in connection with joint education projects.
- Members, donors, media, and people who participate in NCL conferences, forums and events may receive information about other NCL activities.
- People who purchase educational materials may be sent information about other NCL activities.
- Payment information is shared with others only to the extent needed for processing.
If you have any questions or problems concerning NCL’s privacy practices, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 835-3323.